Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 15: Cross Core Combat

Good Monday, everybody!  I know I know, why use that to open up this new blog post??  Well, let's just say I made it past Day 14 without any injuries this time!!  Day 14 a few months ago, I was getting diagnosed with a vertical tear along my lateral meniscus.  Not good.  Well I'm now on Day 15, injury free!

So today, I did Cross Core Combat.  In simple terms, introductions to punches, crunches, resistance band work, plank work, and kicks and ended it with a killer move known as the Grinder.  But more on that in a moment.  Cross Core Combat or C3 for short, was about 47 minutes long.  We started up with a good warm-up about 8 minutes long, and continued right into the workout.  It was a variety of standard MMA workouts.  One exercise I'll tell you about today is the Superman Elbow.  First, you lay down on a surface with your chest, arms and feet in the air; it varies on how flexible you are.  Next, you simply alternate your elbows across your face as if you were elbowing someone in the face, or that unliked co-worker; really anything(one) would work to use to visualize this movement.  Keep that up for about 45 seconds and you're golden.

Lastly, after the water break of course, was the Killer Move known as the Grinder.  You count down from 10 to 1 doing wide push-ups on even counts and triceps push-ups on the odd counts.  You do Hellcats from 10-1 the whole time after the pushups.  I had to stop a couple of times and ultimately paused the video in order to finish it.  No need to cheat yourself right?  I included a video that would be a lot easier to show than to explain.

Thanks to sctrojan818 for having the video on Youtube!


And that's basically it!  So we talked about C3, me being injury free (yay!) and the fact that Grinders look tough, and are a lot tougher to do all the way through!  Also, you learned about the superman rolls!  Comment in the sections below the toughest exercise you've ever done!  Have a good rest of your day, everybody!

Follow me on Twitter! @TheKevinWright for more frequent updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment