Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 13: Cardio XT Calf burning goodness!!

As i write this, my calves are on fire from Cardio XT and my abs are sore from Ultimate Abs XT.

I'm into day 13 of Tapout XT and let me just say, today was the hardest day out of them all!  We had to wear the weighted gloves (gloves filled with sand, but dang that sand was tough!)  I kept them on all the way until the end of the workout or the "cool-down" phase for those non-weightlifting type people.  Part of the attire for today was also no shoes or socks, it'd give you a foot workout that way.

We first started out with a few weight distributing exercises.  Hop on one foot forward and back while alternating (it's confusing i know, i don't know how to describe them haha..)  Then we added a forward punch and then a backward punch while turning to different sides.  Throw in some jumping jacks and some sprinting and you've got yourself a warm up circuit!

We went straight into punches, kicks, burpees; you name it, we did it.  The workout was split up into about four different circuits, excluding the cool-down and warm-up.  We had regular water breaks, 3 in total.  They were about 10 minutes in between.  There were times where I wanted to turn it off, and go back to my room.  But, I knew I had to work through it.  Like Mr. Karpenko says, "Results are made out of the comfort zone!"  And boy, out of the comfort zone I was.

Then we transitioned into Ultimate Abs, one right after the other.  This workout, as the name suggests, targets the abs, and obliques with a little glute action.  There are a lot of unusual ab exercises in this one, Banana Boat comes to mind (it's the first exercise!)  To execute this exercise, you must hold your legs in the air and sink your lower back into the mat, while bringing your shoulders off the ground.  Also, it's crucial to have your arms in the air; kind of like trying to touch your shoe laces.  Next, you pull from your abs to bring your upper and lower body together and mimic a small punch at your shoes.

Well, that's about it, and you learned a new ab exercise out of it as well!  Again, if you want to contact me, don't hestitate!  Hit me up on Google+!

No comments:

Post a Comment