Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tapout XT Week 5!

Good afternoon everybody! As you know, I'm Kevin Wright!  Today, I'll be talking about Ripped Conditioning XT + Ultimate Abs XT.  I'll also throw a calorie counter into the mix as well.

On Week 5, day 2 or Tuesday, I had the honor of doing Ripped Conditioning XT, and let me just say, it was as tough as Cardio XT.  As you guys know if you've read my blog, I'm not very good at cardio, but I am getting better as time goes on, I was actually able to stay with Karpenko and gang during Cardio XT day!  But I'm getting too ahead of myself.  So, what is Ripped Conditioning XT all about?  Simply, it's about losing fat, without losing muscle.  You do a lot of muscle blasting moves, such as -surprise- punches, kicks, and what not.  You also throw some band work and leg band work in there, and you've got yourself a muscle-kicking workout.  Ripped Conditioning XT is 41 minutes long, warm up and cool-down included, plus with the 15 minute Cardio XT, it'll be around the one hour mark.

Plus, since it was my 30th day of using tapout, I had to do a weigh-in!  I was really excited to see what my progress would be.  Below are the results from day 1, 10 and 30:

Weight Jean Size Chest Bicep Waist
Day One 297 44 47 16 45.5
Day 10 293 43 48.5 17.5 41.25
Day 30 287 49.25 17 42







As you can see, I've already lost 10 pounds from first starting Tapout, and I've felt that I've lost weight too. I'm looking thinner and healthier as well.  Chest size has gone up considerably as well.  I wish that it'd be higher, but I can't be getting greedy about my progress.  Bicep size is up and down right now.  I deduced that the reason for that is because part of my arms were made of fat, but now that I'm slimming down, I'm losing that fat and my arms have gone down in measurements.  I'm starting to gain abs and I've felt thicker and tougher in my abdominal area, so I think it's okay that my waist has gone up, not to mention that I can see the top of my abs as well now!

At the beginning of the post, I alluded to using a calorie counter.  This counter is called MyFitnessPal.  This useful gadget tracks your exercise, water intake, measurements, and the amount of food you're taking in.  I feel that the important thing about this is the food because you can track everything non-food wise, but the MFP database contains the most diverse food recipes at a whopping 2 million foods and recipes.  In my opinion, it's the best way to track the food you eat and if they don't have a food you made, you can easily add it to the database.  I did that with the chicken salad I made on Friday.  If you're serious about losing weight, but don't know where to start, MyFitnessPal is the best way to start.  They also have an app for Android - MyFitnessPal Android and Apple - MyFitnessPal iPhone, iPad

So today, I talked about Ripped Conditioning XT which builds and tones muscle, my weigh-in where I'm seeing a good amount of progress, and MyFitnessPal which is a pretty nifty gadget and also provided links to Android and Apple services.

Remember, don't forget to add me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+!  Don't forget to comment as well to let me know how i'm doing!

Facebook - Kevin Wright
Twitter - @TheKevinWright
Google+ - Kevin Wright

Have a good day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment